This privacy statement explains how your personal information will be handled by the CSA when you access and interact with its web services including its website and micro-blog (Twitter).
The CSA recommends that you read the terms and conditions (including any privacy statement or policy) that apply to any web service as any such terms and conditions relating to the handling of your personal information by the web service will prevail over this privacy statement to the extent of any inconsistency.
The CSA may update this privacy statement from time to time. Any changes to this privacy statement will be published on this page.
Collection of personal information
The types of information that the CSA may collect through its webspaces include:
- your name, email address, telephone number, IP address and other contact or identification details
- the content of any online enquiry, submission, comment or complaint that you submit to any of its webspaces
- the content of any other solicited or unsolicited electronic communication that you send to any of its webspaces
- any other information that you provide to, or make available on, any of its webspaces
- metadata relating to any electronic communications that you send to any of the CSA's webspaces (examples of metadata include your electronic address, time and date sent, time and date received, unique message identification, message type, message length, etc.)
You can browse any of the CSA's webspaces anonymously without disclosing any of your personal information. However, if you do not provide any information requested on any of the CSA's webspaces for the provision of a service then the CSA may not be able to provide the service to you.
The CSA uses Google Analytics, a web analysis tool, to monitor and report on how the public uses our website. This information allows us to improve the site and is not used by the CSA to identify you or match your identity with any of your personal information.
Google Analytics records the following information when you visit our site:
- the browser (eg Chrome) and operating system (eg Windows XP) you use
- the screen resolution of your PC
- the time and date you visit our site
- the pages you visit and the files you download
- the internet address you access our site from (the IP address)
- the search terms you use to find content
- the last site you visited before you came to our site.
This information is stored in a Google server. For more information about Google's privacy and security policies please see their website .